My road is private, how do I get it county maintained?

If the Right-of-Way is classified as private, the roadway is not eligible to be County maintained without undertaking a separate process to dedicate the Right-of-Way to the Public. Contact the Planning Department at (850) 267-1955 for more information on that process. If the Right-of-Way is dedicated to the Public but is privately maintained, the roadway is eligible to be considered for County maintenance pending it meets the County’s standards identified in Chapter 5 of the Land Development Code as well as the requirements specified in the County’s adopted Road Acceptance Policy.

Show All Answers

1. Is my road county maintained?
2. My road is private, how do I get it county maintained?
3. How can I get my road paved?
4. How do I get my road graded?
5. When it rains, I can't get out of my driveway. What will the County do?
6. How do I report damaged roads (including potholes) or debris (rocks, mud, trees, dead animals) in roadways? Where do I report the need for maintenance on the county right of way, including obstruct
7. Will the County purchase and install a culvert at my driveway entrance?
8. Can I do work of any kind in the County maintained right of way? Can I do work in a public right of way that has not been improved?
9. How can I have my road/right of way abandoned?
10. What do I do if the regulatory signage on my road is missing?