How do I get my road graded?

On April 13, 1999, the Walton County Board of Commissioners approved Resolution 99-22 which provides residents who live on private roads the ability to receive assistance in maintaining their roadways. The Road Department shall inspect the road prior to acceptance of the fee. The recovery cost for grading such roads will be $50.00 for a maximum of one hour, but not less than $25.00 for less than one-half hour of grading on private roads. You may contact the Public Works Department at (850) 892-8108 for additional information.

Show All Answers

1. Is my road county maintained?
2. My road is private, how do I get it county maintained?
3. How can I get my road paved?
4. How do I get my road graded?
5. When it rains, I can't get out of my driveway. What will the County do?
6. How do I report damaged roads (including potholes) or debris (rocks, mud, trees, dead animals) in roadways? Where do I report the need for maintenance on the county right of way, including obstruct
7. Will the County purchase and install a culvert at my driveway entrance?
8. Can I do work of any kind in the County maintained right of way? Can I do work in a public right of way that has not been improved?
9. How can I have my road/right of way abandoned?
10. What do I do if the regulatory signage on my road is missing?