WALTON COUNTY ANNOUNCES NEXT ROUND OF VACCINE APPOINTMENTS
Walton County will be opening the next round of COVID-19 vaccine appointments in the afternoon on Monday, January 25, 2021. As before, Eventbrite and a phone bank will be used to make vaccine appointments. This is the same process that was used this past Tuesday.
On Monday, January 25, 2021 in the afternoon the appointment links and phone bank will “go live” and be accessible on the DOH-Walton (www.walton.floridahealth.gov) and Walton County (www.co.walton.fl.us) websites. You will not be able to view or access the registration links until Monday afternoon.
Appointments will be for one of the below days:
· Wednesday, January 27, 2021 (FDOH Walton - Coastal Branch Clinic, Santa Rosa Beach, FL)
· Thursday, January 28, 2021 (Walton County Fairgrounds, Defuniak Springs, FL)
· Friday, January 29, 2021 (FDOH Walton - Coastal Branch Clinic, Santa Rosa Beach, FL)
You MUST have an appointment to receive a vaccine. Walkups will NOT be accepted.
Only Florida Residents 65 or older, regardless of medical conditions or exact age, and individuals present in Florida for the purpose of providing healthcare services involving direct contact with patients are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccine appointments will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. You WILL be required to prove your age and Florida residency prior to receiving your COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable documentation is:
1. Valid Florida driver license issued by Florida State Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
2. Valid Florida identification card issued by Florida State Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
3. If an individual cannot present #1 or #2, the individual can prove satisfactory Florida residency by presenting a government issued ID AND a copy of any TWO of the following items if they reflect a Florida residential address (Note: A P.O. box or commercial/business address is not sufficient and the two items cannot be from the same category):
• Category A: a deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet, OR residential rental or lease agreement
• Category B: a utility hookup or utility work order dated within 60 days before the date of vaccination
• Category C: a utility bill dated within two months of the date of vaccination
• Category D: mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, dated within two months of the date of vaccination
• Category E: mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, dated within two months of the date of vaccination
• Category F: proof of a Florida residential address for the individual’s parent, stepparent, legal guardian, or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides in Florida, PLUS a written statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.