- Certified Contractors are required to register their DBPR license with Walton County in order to work in Walton County. Any questions please contact Joy Holland, Office Manager at (850) 892-8160 or you may email you questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contractors are required to obtain a certified or registered license from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). Call (850) 487-1359.
Need forms and applications? Use the link License Resources to the left of this page.
Walton County licenses expire August 31 of every year. The renewal period is August 1 through August 31. Registered and Specialty Contractors if you renew your license after August 31, there will be a $25.00 late charge. If you haven't renewed your license by December 1, you will be required to pay the license inactive fee in addition to the renewal fee, either active or inactive, for the year in which the license is delinquent. This fee will be collected in addition to the late charge of $25.00.
Registered and Specialty Contractors: If you do not renew your license for two consecutive years, your license will be purged from our system. You will have to apply again as a new applicant and be responsible for any fees for the years in which the license was not renewed. To renew your license, please bring or send the following to our office:
- License fee
- Copy of your active registered or certified license from DBPR
- Certificate of Liability with Walton County Building Department as certificate holder
- Certificate of Workers' Compensation with Walton County Building Department as holder or Workers Comp Exemption Card from the State of Florida