Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
This board oversees the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program. The board meets to review program budgets, the Annual Housing Assistance Plan, the redistribution of funds returned to the program, and other matters pertaining to the program. Recommendations are made to the Board of County Commissioners.
Meeting Times & Location
Held quarterly in January, April, July, and October, with other meetings as necessary.
The ordinance adopted pursuant to s. 420.9072 which creates the advisory committee or the resolution appointing the advisory committee members must provide for 11 committee members and their terms. The committee must include:
(a) A citizen who is actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing.
(b) A citizen who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing.
(c) A citizen who is a representative of those areas of labor actively engaged in home building in connection with affordable housing.
(d) A citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing.
(e) A citizen who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing.
(f) A citizen who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider of affordable housing.
(g) A citizen who is actively engaged as a real estate professional in connection with affordable housing.
(h) A citizen who actively serves on the local planning agency pursuant to s. 163.3174. If the local planning agency is comprised of the governing board of the county or municipality, the governing board may appoint a designee who is knowledgeable in the local planning process.
(i) A citizen who resides within the jurisdiction of the local governing body making the appointments.
(j) A citizen who represents employers within the jurisdiction.
(k) A citizen who represents essential services personnel, as defined in the local housing assistance plan.
- Bryan Osborn - For-profit provider of affordable housing
- Joel Paul Jr. - Advocate for low income
- Patricia Rachels - Banking or mortgage industry
- Shayne Betts - Citizen residing in jurisdiction
- Latilda Hughes - Citizen serving on local planning agency
- Teresa Imdieke - Not-for-profit provider of affordable housing
- VACANT - Real estate professional
- VACANT - Representative of employers
- Andrea Hart- Residential home builder industry
- John 'Skip' Harrison- Labor actively engaged in home building
- Carolyn Zonia - Representative of essential services personnel