The Natural Resources and Conservation Service - Soil Conservation Office assists farmers, land users, and local government with problems related to soil and water conservation and management.
Our office is staffed by conservation technicians and a wildlife biologist, all of whom provide support for the Choctawhatchee River Soil and Water Conservation District.
We also support projects funded by the Three Rivers Resource Conservation and Development Council
, a multi-county agency.
For the citizens of Walton County, our office:
- Provides opportunities for U.S. Department of Agriculture funding in Walton County through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program and other programs
- Provides technical hydro-logic engineering data necessary for the design of storm water and sediment control structures needed for stability in critical roads, waterways, fields, and pastures in the County
- Sponsors grants received through the Three Rivers Resource Conservation and Development Council
- Shares topographical and soil information to individuals, groups, and government organizations
- Maintains historical aerial photographs of Walton County
- Helps citizens find the correct agency to assist their conservation needs