Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan Update
Thank you for your participation in the meeting on September 24, 2018, as well as for the great response via email and phone calls to provide your comments on the current proposals. Based on community comments, small adjustments have been made to the text. A current draft is available below:
After the community meeting on 9/24, a request was made by a property owner to be included in the Village Mixed Use Zone. This request is currently under review and the Planning Department is seeking feedback. An exhibit highlighting this change is available: Requested Change Exhibit
Next Steps: Planning Commission on November 5th (rescheduled from October 11th due to the hurricane). With their recommendation of approval, the plan will move to Board of County Commissioners for two readings (tentatively Nov. 13th and Dec. 11th).
If you have questions or comments, please direct them to Keli Frymire at email@example.com.
Planning Commission (rescheduled from Oct. 11, 2018)
Date: November 5, 2018
Time: 4:00 PM
Location: South Walton County Annex Boardroom. 31 Coastal Centre Blvd, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Board of County Commissioners Meetings ( Nov. 13 and Dec. 11) both at 4:00 PM at the South Walton County Annex Boardroom.
The Historic Inlet Beach Neighborhood Association has approached Planning Staff with a set of proposed amendments to the current Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan. While we were reviewing the minor changes proposed for the Neighborhood Plan, we saw an opportunity to work with the Inlet Beach Community to craft a Neighborhood Plan that refines and clearly articulates the land use/zoning designations and provides consistency between the various ordinances and maps.
Additionally, Staff would like to work with the Inlet Beach Community to establish additional design guidelines to be incorporated into the Neighborhood Plan. These additional guidelines are intended to institute and explain the design policies that give the Inlet Beach Neighborhood its distinctive character.
Neighborhood Meeting: September 24, 2018
- Meeting Minutes_September 24, 2018
- Draft Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan - Update September_17_2018
- What's changed in the Neighborhood Plan Text (Previous Plan)
- What's changed in the Neighborhood Plan Text (Current Draft)
- Map Exhibit - What's changed on the FLUM
- Map Exhibit - What's changed on the Zoning Map/IBNP map
- Proposed Neighborhood Plan Map
Neighborhood Meeting: July 24, 2018
- Draft Zoning Map/Neighborhood Plan
- Draft Street Network Plan
- Draft - Proposed changes to the FLUM
- Draft - Proposed changes to the Zoning Map
- Draft Neighborhood Plan Text
First/Second Neighborhood Meeting
- Current, Approved Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan
- Current, Approved Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan Map & Approved Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan Map over aerial photo
- Walton County FLUM
- Neighborhood Plan Amendments as proposed by the Historic Inlet Beach Neighborhood Association
- Jan. 9 BOCC Inlet Beach Neighborhood Plan Memo
- Handout discussing the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code update
- Text from the current Land Development Code describing the Neighborhood Planning Process
- Meeting Minutes
- Land Use/Zoning Map Comparison