I am married to Theresa Morrison Glidewell and have four adult children and two grandchildren. I am also a proud 7th generation Walton County resident. I have been a community leader in many facets of my life and look forward to serving as your District 2 County Commissioner.
- B.S. Criminal Justice, Troy University
- 1979 graduate of Walton High School
- Walton County Sheriff’s Office 1984-2006. Started as a Corrections Officer, then promoted to Deputy Sheriff, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Patrol Commander and Captain, Chief of Administration.
- First School Resource Officer at Paxton High School 1999
- Corrections Director, Walton County Department of Corrections 2006-2010. Led the Department to become the first Walton County criminal justice agency to be state Accredited.
- Criminal Justice instructor, Northwest Florida State College, 2007-2010.
- Walton County Planning Commission, appointed 2016-present.
- City of DeFuniak Springs Sign Committee, appointed 2015.
- Walton County Taxpayer’s Association: board member and President in 2017.
- Walton County Fair Association: Vice President and past President. Board member since 2002.
- Board of Directors and Secretary, Walton County Teacher’s Federal Credit Union 2014-present.
- Trustee, Walton Academy, 2004-2011
- President, Okaloosa-Walton Officials Association, 2015-2017. Treasurer, 2010-2011.
- High school and youth referee and umpire since 2008 with Okaloosa-Walton Officials Association, Northwest Florida Officials Association, Southeast Alabama Officials Association and Hub City Officials Association.
- Registered official with the Florida High School Athletic Association and the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
- Coached youth sports over 20 years and was the 1989 President of Freeport Little League and Vice President of the Paxton Little League.
- Minister, Kings Lake Chapel, 1999-present.
- Pastor, 1st Baptist Church of Liberty, 1993-2001.
- Evangelism Director, Walton County Baptist Association, 1994-1997
- Member of Herman Lodge F&AM
As your County Commissioner, I will work to:
- Return the emphasis of our marketing to high-end, family oriented tourism that brings in more income while increasing safety and enjoyment, both in our homes and on our roadways
- Concentrate on bringing anchor developments into Freeport, DeFuniak Springs, Mossy Head and Paxton to attract other businesses that provide high-paying jobs for our young people
- Fully fund the revenue mechanisms already in place to bring our infrastructure up-to-date and prepare us for the future
- Open our government to citizen input and involvement while encouraging the ideal that government is created to serve its citizens
- Empower our employees to improve services to the citizens and increase the incentives for highly-qualified individuals to come to work for us while encouraging our quality, experienced workforce to continue their service
- Base our development codes and decisions on common sense and what is in the best interests of all citizens by protecting the property rights of those already working and living here as well as those seeking to develop our area
- Expand preservation of our historical heritage and insure the protection of our beautiful natural resources
- Acquire new areas for preservation and recreation and construct playing fields, pools, parks, boat facilities and nature preserves to insure our citizens have wholesome activities to participate in and that our descendants can also enjoy the beauty that drew so many of our citizens to this area
- Insure that all government functions are efficient and that our tax dollars are used to improve the lives of all our citizens and that our overall tax structure is as low as possible
- Make sure that our efforts draw citizens throughout the county closer together and promote the idea that we are One Walton
Communities: Argyle, Caney Creek, Center Ridge, Clear Springs, Darlington, DeFuniak Springs NE/SE, Douglass Crossroads, Eucheeanna, Flowersville, Gaskin, Glendale, Gordon, Lakewood, Moore's Crossroads, Paxton, Pleasant Grove, Union, Woodlawn East, Valley View