April 14 Walton County BCC Meeting Information - Virtual Meeting
Tuesday, April 14 at 2:00pm
No members of the public will be allowed to attend the meeting in person. The meeting will, however, be accessible to the public via “Zoom” at https://zoom.us/j/74429443 and via telephone by dialing 1 (312) 626-6799, Meeting ID 744 294 443#. If you would like to participate in this meeting and provide public comment, participation can achieved via the Zoom meeting.
For instructions on how to access the meeting platforms, please visit www.co.walton.fl.us/1281.
To view the meeting without public comment, you may watch the live stream at www.walton.civicweb.net.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issues "Safer at Home" Executive Order for the State of Florida
EO will be in effect beginning April 3, at 12:01 am until April 30th at 11:59 pm.
In order to comply with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-91, Walton County is taking following steps which will take effect on Friday, April 3rd at 8:00am and last until April 30th:
- All county employees which are not deemed “essential” will work from home for the duration of the EO;
- Limited TDC Beach Maintenance Staff will remain in service
- The following employees are deemed “essential” and will continue to report to work: limited Public Works Road and Bridge Crews, limited Fleet Maintenance, limited Facilities Maintenance and Custodial Staff, North Walton Mosquito Control, Building Department Staff, County Probation, Landfill Staff, TDC Beach Code Enforcement; One (1) Purchasing Employee to receive shipments of essential supplies and one (1) courier to maintain essential communication;
- The Landfill will be closed to the public; however, the Landfill will remain open for commercial activity;
- All county recreation facilities will be closed to the public; while parks are closed, boat ramps will remain open
- The Planning Department will continue to accept permits online and will maintain contact with the public via email and telephone; however, the Planning Department will be closed to the public;
- The Building Department will remain open to the public to accept permit applications; however, the Building Department will prioritize essential permitting (i.e., residential permitting) as defined by the EO
- The Probation Office will remain open;
- EOC will continue to operate at Level 2 activation.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONER AND
SUB-BOARD MEETING CALENDAR
To view a calendar of all meetings for the BCC and all sub-boards, please visit the County's meeting portal.
Mon, May 4Walton County Libraries Closed All Walton County libraries will be closed on Monday, May 4, 2020 for staff training. Normal operation hours will resume on Tuesday, May 5, 2020.Learn More
Sun, Jun 7 - Sun, Jul 12Camp Longleaf Girls Summer Camp 5 Sessions - June 12 - 17, 14 - 19, 28 -July 3, July 5 - 10, 12 - 17. Girls Ages 9 to 14. 5 night stay in AC cabins, games, learning opportunities, interactions with animals, outdoor adventures and more.Learn More