January 25 - April 17
The UF/IFAS Extension Walton County Office will be preparing taxes via SKYPE (internet) the telecommunications application software that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls from computers.
VITA ( Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) is a Nation wide program conducted in partnership with the IRS to increase the financial stability of working individuals and families.
VITA is designed to promote and support free tax preparation service.
VITA is an effort to provide both a valuable community service and a powerful learning experience for participants.
If you plan to take advantage of any of the VITA programs this year, be sure to bring the proper documentation. A return cannot be prepared without the appropriate paperwork.
This program is for incomes of $54,000 or less.
IRS Tax Day is Monday, April 17, 2017 so remember to file by this date.
Contact us today to book an appointment.
February 23, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
February 23, 6:00 PM
Walton County will be hosting a series of public workshops regarding the update of the Walton County Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code.The public are invited to attend these workshops and learn about the county’s initiative to update both the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code to achieve a high quality built environment while preserving and enhancing the natural environment. Meeting participants will have an opportunity to provide input on areas of concern.The public is encouraged to attend at least one of these workshops. Public input is important and will help the County ensure that the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code continue to serve the needs of all County citizens.
February 24, All Day
• Learn to produce healthy chickens
• Become aware of business practices
• Develop record keeping skills
• Learn biosecurity measures
• Realize the pride of accomplishment
ANY 4-H youth ages 5-18 as of SEPTEMBER 1, 2016! If you’re not a 4-H member register by contacting your local 4-H Agent.
1. Complete the registration form. Mail it and your payment to 732 North 9th Street, Defuniak Springs, Fl 32433.
2. Both youth and parent/guardian are REQUIRED to participate in a mandatory meeting on March 9th at your local Extension Office.
3. Pick up your pullets on delivery day at Jackson County Extension Office in Marianna
4. Participate in a Showmanship Workshop on June 2nd at Washington County Ag Center 9:30am-2:30pm
5. Participate in a Showmanship Ready seminar on August 17th at Walton County Extension Office 5:30pm.
6. Turn in your portfolio to your 4-H Agent by September 11th.
7. Participate in the Chick Chain Show September 30th at Jackson County Ag Com
February 27, 4:00 PM
February 28, 9:00 AM
Take notice that the BCC will hold a SPECIAL MEETING and a closed EXECUTIVE SESSION on February 28, 2017, beginning at 9:00 a.m., immediately following the regular agenda, at the located at 571 US Highway 90 East, DeFuniak Springs, Florida to discuss the following:
In Re: Yellow House 30A, LLC vs. Walton County, Case No.: 2014-CA-488
The following persons will attend the meeting: the Board of Commissioners, Bill Chapman, Melanie Nipper, Sara Comander, Tony Anderson, and Cecilia Jones; Larry Jones, County Administrator; Mark D. Davis, County Attorney; and Sidney Noyes, Assistant County Attorney; and Tim Warner, Bill Warner, and David Theriaque, Special Counsel for the county in this case, and this meeting will be recorded by a certified court reporter. The court reporter will prepare a verbatim record of the meeting, which will be sealed until conclusion of the litigation. The executive session is not open to the public pursuant to Section 286.011(8), Florida Statutes