Building Permit Review Process
must be completed before proceeding to permitting with the Building Department.
The Walton County Land Development Code contains requirements for parking, storm water management, preservation and natural resource protection, floodplain management, parking and setbacks, etc. that must be met during the planning review process.
- Valuable information regarding when an engineered stormwater plan is needed and information regarding construction types not requiring an engineered stormwater plan can be found here.
- Valuable information regarding building on a coastal dune lake or tributary or in other environmentally sensitive areas such as wetlands can be found here.
- Valuable information about floodplain management can be found here.
Planning review begins with a completeness check, any deficiencies in the package will be identified and applicants will be notified promptly. Once Planning Department approval is issued , the applicant may submit to the Building Department. Click here to go to the Building Department page.
Building Permit Review Schedule of Fees
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH
The Reference Guide (This guide is temporarily not working).
1. Building Permit Application
2. Manufactured Home Permit Application
3. Swimming Pool Application
4. Temporary Power Pole Application
5. Example Architectural Plans
For the Inspection Process we have included the required Drop Off Form.
Please contact Aaron Craker @ 850-267-1955 if you have any questions about this new process.